Tuesday, October 31, 2006

THE SINGLE MOST DISAPPOINTING DAY OF MY LIFE.

I know that you all are asking yourselves, where did the marathon ticker go?
Well let's just say I sent it packing. The free press marathon and I are not on speaking terms. It got the best of me on Sunday. 26.2 miles were waiting for me at 7:15 am, but after 20.4 miles I was DONE. What a disappointment that was for me. For 20 weeks I trained, I logged 427.23 miles (yes I keep track down to the hundredths of a mile. Don't you?) All in anticipation of stopping the clock in less than George W's. time (apx. 3 hours and 45 min). 10 miles into the race and I thought all is well (don't start to fast...check; make sure to drink...check; keep an even pace...check.) 3.1 miles latter I hit the wall. How is that possible? Half way there and I was exhausted. My Scottish heritage got me thru the next 7 miles ( I paid good money for this race and I am not about to stop now.) But alas I could not even walk much less run. This year was not a good one for the Tally boys vs. marathons. Grant and his partner were done in by the AuSable, and now the freep got me. Next year we shall be victorious ( Lord willing.)

1 Comments:

Blogger My Middle Age Moments said...

How did the Turkey run go for you? Did you see my brother Dave out there? It was a good day for him from what I understand he beat his own best so he was happy. Personally...I would just stop and go eat turkey, but I will cheer ya all on :)

3:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home