Monday, October 23, 2006

Fun at the Village

Ok! Stop right there! You don't have to be so shocked that I have blogged 2 days in a row. It has just been an exciting weekend so I thought I better blog now while it is fresh in my mind. We had a great time at Greenfield Village on Friday night. This is an annual tradition on the Tally side. The kids look forward to Halloween at the Village every year. Mitchell and I were trying to figure out how long we have been doing this. The only way I could figure it out was to look back in my "handy, dandy, scrapbooks". We were shocked to find out we have been doing it for 6 years. This year the kids decided to be Mulan (Hope of course), Stitch (aka Collin) and the almost grown out of dressing up :-( pirate (Austin).


Princess Mulan

Anyway, we meet up with all the Tally's (at least those who still think it is a cool thing to do ~unlike Daniel and Joshua) and we walk the lighted pumpkin path at the Village. Half way through we stop at this cafe and eat or drink whatever sounds tasty at the time. We asked Austin what he likes to eat there and he said he doesn't really like to eat he just likes to stop there and hang out with the fam.



Fun with the cousins (Hey where's Ava???)

I don't know how this happens but it seems like every year we end up running into the Brown clan (friends from church) as well. The kids were thrilled to see Rory, McCauley & Griffin so of course we had to get pictures with them. We also got to run into the Sherf triplets (they were the cutest little yellow peeps).

The Sherf clan

The Golden boys

Hope & Rory (aka Jo Jo)


This years big hit was the Headless Horseman. We ended up spending about 15 minutes taunting the poor guys. Hope, Collin and Austin kept asking Ichabod Crane if he was a pirate or Jack Sparrow. I don't think he appreciated that too much especially since he ended up saying I AM NOT A PIRATE I AM I-C-H-A-B-O-D CRANE). At one point Hope was yelling (LOOK, LOOK, HE'S COMING, HE'S COMING) at Ichabod. She was trying to give him the heads up (no pun intended) and the more he ignored her the louder she got. Anyway they put on a great show for us.


"hamming it up for the crowd"

Check back tomorrow. You never know I might really shock you with 3 days of bloggin in a row. We'll just have to wait and see.


I thought the Tigers pumpkin was cool. I loved the TT (Tina Tally) but I was informed that it is just the symbol for pi. Whatever, it is still a cool pumpkin of my initials.

1 Comments:

Blogger My Middle Age Moments said...

I was cracking when I saw the TT pumpkin, I told caleb and he was like "hey that is the symbol for PI". I decided I like it better as TT just for you. :0) We were LOVING Hopes Mulan...oh so cool looking and very sheek.

1:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home