Friday, June 30, 2006

Nature at its finest

This afternoon as I was cleaning I kept hearing this bird. It was so close I started to wonder if it was in my house. I kept looking out the front door for him but I never could see him. I could only hear him. Until low and behold I decided to look down on my porch. The sneaky guy (a baby robin) was sitting on the ledge as close to my front door as he could get. He continued to chirp away as he was waiting for his mother to find him. So as he left the porch (barely able to walk) I decided I would look around because I knew his nest had to be close by. Well, I never did find his nest but as I was looking through the study window I realized we had another nest this was not a robin's nest but morning doves in our weeping cherry. The kids love it when they can see the Lord's handiwork up close. Here's a shot of one of the two morning doves that were nesting. They had just hopped out of the nest to explore for a little while until their mother came back to feed them. Just as quickly as we found them now they are gone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike and Nicole said...

it looks like a picture out of a nature book. nice work on that. I haven't read your blog for a while but I always like to catch up.

6:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home